please mum, may I have some more?- Andrew
Mommy, thank you so much for making this for lunch! I love it!!! – Vivian
3 leeks, trimmed white and green parts sliced
3 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 lb broccoli chopped
4 cups chicken stock
1/2 stick butter + 1 Tb
water (if necessary)
salt and pepper
1. In a stock pot saute 1 TB butter and leeks, stirring as necessary over medium heat. About 5 minutes.
2. Add in potatoes and stock, cook until potatoes are easily sliced, about 20 minutes.
3. Add in broccoli and butter, cooking for another 15 minutes or until broccoli is fork tender.
4. Using an immersion blender ( or regular blender) puree soup until you have a thick velvety texture. If needed add more stock or water to thin out until you get the consistency you desire. If you need additional liquid, allow time for soup to re-warm.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. You can either stir in cheddar cheese so that it melts (shown above using white cheddar) or serve as a garnish on top. Enjoy!